10.13.2007

11 Years and Counting...Day One

Day one got off to a slow start since "someone" didn't come home as early as he said he would...but once he did get home we were on our way to Hotel Derek. Jeremy was pleasantly surprised when we pulled in to the hotel, especially since he slept on the way here! Once here, we checked in, dropped off our bags, strolled over to the Galleria for some quick shopping, and then headed back to the hotel to clean up for dinner. We had a fantastic dinner at Bistro Moderne although it was not exactly what we expected. I had printed the menu in advance so we could at least have an idea what we wanted to order but they changed the menu! Talk about decisions. I had the tasty white figs and goat cheese salad for my appetizer and organic scottish salmon for my main course. Jeremy had the quebec pork ravioli for his appetizer and hanger steak with shallot sauce for his main course. We shared an apple tart with rum raisin ice cream for dessert. The plate was decorated with "Happy Anniversary" in chocolate. Mmmm, tasty.
We came back to a nice cold room. The thermostat is set on 60 degrees. I'm very happy. Jeremy is very cold. I'd be happiest if I could sleep on a bed of ice. Why do I live in the hottest city on earth?
Tomorrow, I have more surprises in store for Jeremy so that's all I can share for now.
G'nite.
~Tracy

No comments: