10.05.2008

Post Hurricane Ike

Things are pretty much back to normal for us post Hurricane Ike. We're both back to work...I missed two days of work post Ike, Jeremy missed two weeks! His school was without power until the 27th or 28th. My office, a whole five minutes from Jeremy's school, either never lost power or regained power by the 14th. Lucky me. :P We're finally able to purchase gas without waiting in line. We're even able to buy bread, milk, and eggs again. It's wonderful. The windstorm adjuster is scheduled to come look at the damages next week. I'll be glad to move forward and make final repairs, especially the fence. It has already fallen over once since Ike. Thankfully, we haven't had any rain since Ike so no more leaks. I just hope the rain holds off for another week or so. The trees are holding up fairly well. Not quite vertical but at least they are still alive. We may try to straighten them a little more but when we straightened them the first time, I got smacked in the mouth with one of the metal stakes. That left a nice cut on my lip. Not fun.

It's been a busy few weeks. I made programs for Jeremy's musical (Birds of Paradise), invitations for Jennifer & Matt's baby shower, and a couple of important birthday cards. Happy Birthday Dad! Happy Birthday Jean! Tonight, I made about 20 Christmas cards. My goal is to actually send out Christmas cards this year. Send me your address, I'll send you a card. :) At least leave a comment, so I know someone's still reading this blog. October resolution...blog more.

3 comments:

Caryn said...

I'm reading your blog! I think you have my address:) You have been busy! The baby shower invites look great and 20 Christmas cards!?!! Me= totally impressed

Tracy said...

Thanks for reading Caryn! I do have your address and you are at the top of the list for a Christmas card. :) I feel bad...you are such a dedicated blogger and I am a total slacker when it comes to blogging. I will strive to do better.

Jennifer said...

I want a card!!!