10.19.2008

Oh Baby!

Happy parents-to-be.
What a day! I think the baby shower was a success. We had a great team pulling everything together. I finished the party favors this morning...I was fairly pleased with the way they turned out even if everyone wasn't sure what to do with them. :)

I put a package of daisy seeds (Jennifer's favorite flower) and a package of sunflower seeds in an "envelope" made of cardstock. I crimped the ends of the envelope and then tied a ribbon around it. The baby shower had a garden theme...hence the flower seeds. Here's a picture of the final product.
For prizes, I bought some small garden tools and put them in a clay pot along with more flower seeds and fertilizer spikes. I put a cute ribbon around the clay pot and used spanish moss as filler for the pots. Here's a picture of the prizes.
The decorations and food were awesome. Everything looked really great and the weather was amazing (the baby shower was outside in our prayer garden at church). Emma's arrival is only a month away. I think her parents received a lot of great gifts today to help them prepare for her arrival. More than that...they received a lot of love and support from their family, church family, and friends. Here are a few more pictures of the baby shower. I'll get the rest uploaded to Flickr soon (hopefully tomorrow). Big round of thanks to Amber, Caroline, Carolyn, Jeanette, Tiffani, Beverly, and Caryn (in no particular order - well actually, in alphabetical order by last name) for everything they did. Today was truly a joint effort. We are blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful people.

Mmm...lollipop garden cake.

It's a butterfly!




It's Emma Ruth!


Butt paste!

Future Astros fan!

No comments: