1.22.2007

Sprint Review 2

So we finally got our cell phone numbers transferred to our new cell phones only to discover we couldn't access our voice mail. Another call to Sprint, they fixed our voice mail and off we go. . . except we still can't access the internet (which is supposed to be free for one month - the month is almost up and we haven't used it yet). Jeremy had some free time because his school was closed due to "ice" so he went to the Sprint store to fix the internet issue. Three hours later and still no internet. Three days later, no internet. Finally, Sprint tech support called me and we got both phones working. It was not worth the effort, even if it is free. I have internet at work. I have internet at home. Do I really need a phone with internet access? I think not. Especially when it's not free anymore. I can't believe how much they charge for extras. Grrrr. I was checking our account and I discovered that they upgraded Jeremy's PCS Vision Plan (additional $5.00/month) without our permission or request. I am definitely not pleased with Sprint so far. I can't wait to get our second bill.
Back to the "ice" day. . . Houston pretty much closed for business for the day last Wednesday. Houston ISD closed so Jeremy's school did the same. My office didn't open until noon. Even if they did open in the morning, I wouldn't have been able to get there. . . all the ramps/exits were closed on the highways. I've never seen/heard anything like it. We didn't have any ice in Pearland but apparently Houston (and further north) had enough ice to cause problems on the road. Now, if we could just get some snow. I'm sure Oklahoma wouldn't mind sharing their snow.
Back to the phones, I really can't justify paying for a home phone and two cell phones. So, speak up now if you have any issues with me cancelling our home phone. Most people call us on our cell phones anyway. Except for telemarketers. They still call us at home. I won't miss them. If you need our cell phone numbers, email me at onetreefam at gmail dot com.
~T

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have never had any major problems with sprint. Maybe when you call next ask to speak with a supervisor and tell him everything thats happened and maybe he can give you guys a discount every month. I remember having a small probably and I talked to them about it and now they give me $5 off my bill every month. So basically I dont pay taxes on my phone.