10.24.2006

First Entry

I decided to give blogspot a try. Let me know what you think. We haven't posted in a long time due to an uncooperative computer at home. It finally crashed and I don't have the time or patience to mess with it right now. So, since I can access blogspot from "a place other than home" I thought I would give it a try. Some day we will either fix our computer or give in and buy a new one. Some day.
To bring you up to speed, we recently celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary. I know, hard to believe we got married at such a young age! I can't believe it's been 10 years. Time flies. We celebrated by spending a long weekend in Vegas, which is only appropriate since we spent our honeymoon in Vegas. Jeremy surprised me a trip. I knew we were going somewhere for the weekend but I didn't know where until we were on our way to the airport. After many delays, we finally left the Houston airport and eventually arrived in Las Vegas with just enough time to check into our hotel and head to dinner. We were 15 minutes late for our dinner reservation thanks to flight delays. We walked into the restaurant and to my surprise, four of our closest friends were at the table! I had no idea. Paul & Caryn and Matt & Jennifer had flown in the day before to surprise me. We had dinner and hung out for the rest of the night. Paul & Caryn left the next day and Matt & Jennifer stayed until Monday. We had a great time seeing the sites, including Hoover Dam and downtown Las Vegas. It just so happened that my second cousin was getting married that very weekend in Vegas. No, it wasn't a spur of the moment, 3 a.m., Elvis as the minister, Vegas Wedding....she actually lives in Vegas. Anyway, on Sunday, Jeremy & I met up with my family members that were in town for the wedding. What a coincidence that we were all in Vegas at the same time. As soon as I get our Vegas pictures on my computer, I'll post some of them here....
Til then, enjoy.
-T

No comments: